Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Random Musings

Last night, I had a difficult situation to deal with, and when I retreated to my room, I was still thinking about it. I spoke with a friend of mine, and while I was still on the phone with her, I started thinking about how blessed I really am. I have so much good in my life. I have so many people who love me so much, and care about me and want the best for me, and are behind me 100%, people who would go to the end of the world for me. Forget the bad stuff in my life - I can't figure out why G-D is so good to me! I don't deserve any of the amazing things and people in my life. I deserve the pain I am going through, if not more. But how did I merit such good treatment? Why does G-D love me so much? And a scarier thought - by having all this good now, could I be using up zchusim I may need later on? Is there a limit to the Divine goodness one can receive? Is it like money - can I run out of "goodness credit"?

1 Comments:

Anonymous am haaretz said...

Please do not take offense, but it is arrogant to assume that the good or bad fortune that you have experienced is due to Hashgacha Pratis (Divine Providence). Here is a shiur that addresses common misperceptions concerning this:
Hashgachas HaShem

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home